We're back!!!!! The past 8 weeks have come and gone, and we finally got our 2nd call April 25th. Again, it had been another roller coaster of a week and Charles and I were convinced we were never going to get that call. It was a happy moment. We were told our court date would be May 6th, but that they wouldn't know our travel dates until Monday...leaving us with 5 days to get ready. Our time here will be May 3rd-May 24th. Three whole weeks.
The flight was looooong, but we made it. We spent the week getting ready from last min. shopping to setting up the critter watch schedule (thanks to all who are chipping in to take care of those furry babies!!!). The week was spent with so many well wishes and even a goody bag was made for us!! Yum!!!! Thank you to all!! We arrived in Moscow Sun. late morning. Eugene was there to greet us, and it became like old times very quickly. We made it to the apt., who we are renting from an Australian man...he is so nice. The apt. is gorgeous, and we will certainly enjoy calling this home for three weeks. The Aussie and Eugene walked us to the nearest grocery store, so were able to get a few items we needed. Charles has referred to our eating and lifestyle here our Russian boot camp, but we're making it just fine. Early to bed last night, and ready to hit the ground running this morning. Sergei was our driver today...great guy!!!! We spent the morning with our precious girl....outside in the play area. The weather has been so glorious, so it was nice to play with her and enjoy the fresh air. We are both astounded as to how much she has grown and developed in 8 weeks. She had been so fearful and hesitiant the first trip...now...ummmm, well, we are fighting to keep up with her. Our first treat was to see that she finally started walking. We have to hold onto her, but boy is she proud of herself. She smiles the whole time she's walking, and then looks at us as if to say, "I've been practicing for you..look at me!!"She's gotten bigger and is so healthy. Our next treat was when Charles was walking her to me, she looked up at me and said, "Mama". Well, tears just start running down our faces. The happiest moment I've ever had. I couldn't of asked for a more perfect Mother's Day gift. She is smiling, clapping, and she likes to be a "faker". She'll cough to get our attention, and then she'll giggle...and then fake cough again and again. Oh, we could go on as to how she amazes us. Needless to say, our 2 visits today were amazing.
We have court tomorrow...please keep us in your prayers as we are a bit nervous about all this. We are trying to be as prepared as we can be, but just don't know what to expect. Once the judge approves us, we will have to wait ten days until we can get her. At first I really dreaded this wait, but I finally see that all of this is a once and lifetime situation...enjoy this great city. It's beautiful, so much to see and do, and the weather is perfect. It's time for life to start being lived, as it has been on hold for us for too long.
We'll write again tomorrow...I also wanted to give a big thanks to everyone for so many of the wonderful things that happened to make our 8 weeks waiting for this to be memorable.We are so blessed, and couldn't of made it without all of your love and prayers.
Another special one...
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Mama...Daddy...The most wonderful words you'll ever hear for the rest of your lives.
"Drama Queen"...the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree!!
xoxoxoxoxoxox
Mom and Dad Ryan
Wow. I have tears in my eyes reading about this sweet girl... I can just picture her. Happy early Mother's Day!
I am so happy for you. Everything sounds wonderful and I cant wait to see pictures. Goodluck tomorrow. Pray that we will get our call soon.
With Love Always
April & Dan
waiting for referral from Moscow City
Love it that she called you Mama!!!
No sweeter word to a mother's ear. Praying for you. Love you, Aunt Trish and Uncle John
We said prayers for you and Charles and Francis at WWW tonight were all mesmerized by your updates about Francis! She said MAMA and is walking!!!!! AWWWW!!! That is awesome :-) I am so happy for you two!!
Post a Comment