Back to our regularly scheduled programming......I now know what everyone has been trying to tell us over the past few years.......Enjoy every moment because they grow up quickly! We returned to Moscow with the mindset that the baby would make little progress with skills development in just two months. We thought this was a pretty realistic expectation. Boy were we wrong....she is now a little fireball. We are very happy to see that our little girl has made vast progress and also very tired after playing with her all day. I attribute all of this to the care that she is receiving at the orphanage and remain impressed with the staff there......they must be doing something right or maybe the baby was just holding back on the first trip until she decided what type of people we are. She has very quickly proven to be a daredevil (loves to fly around the room in my arms like a superhero), a marathon runner (always wants help in walking around), a boxer (I was hit in the lip several times today with toys) and finally, a wrestler (she pulled Shannon's hair several times, stuck her finger in my eye, and stretched my cheeks as if I needed them stretched). I guess she wanted my cheeks to be puffy like hers. She also has fun deciding how I can be holding her and also appear in the mirror at the same time. I can't tell you how good it make us feel to see her thriving as she is.
Another special one...
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
They grow up quickly!
We interrupt this post to bring you this important news bulletin.......We had our day in court and everthing went well. We received approval for the adoption!!! We are very excited and happy to be able to share this news with all of you and will continue to post througout the 10 day waiting period.
Back to our regularly scheduled programming......I now know what everyone has been trying to tell us over the past few years.......Enjoy every moment because they grow up quickly! We returned to Moscow with the mindset that the baby would make little progress with skills development in just two months. We thought this was a pretty realistic expectation. Boy were we wrong....she is now a little fireball. We are very happy to see that our little girl has made vast progress and also very tired after playing with her all day. I attribute all of this to the care that she is receiving at the orphanage and remain impressed with the staff there......they must be doing something right or maybe the baby was just holding back on the first trip until she decided what type of people we are. She has very quickly proven to be a daredevil (loves to fly around the room in my arms like a superhero), a marathon runner (always wants help in walking around), a boxer (I was hit in the lip several times today with toys) and finally, a wrestler (she pulled Shannon's hair several times, stuck her finger in my eye, and stretched my cheeks as if I needed them stretched). I guess she wanted my cheeks to be puffy like hers. She also has fun deciding how I can be holding her and also appear in the mirror at the same time. I can't tell you how good it make us feel to see her thriving as she is.
Back to our regularly scheduled programming......I now know what everyone has been trying to tell us over the past few years.......Enjoy every moment because they grow up quickly! We returned to Moscow with the mindset that the baby would make little progress with skills development in just two months. We thought this was a pretty realistic expectation. Boy were we wrong....she is now a little fireball. We are very happy to see that our little girl has made vast progress and also very tired after playing with her all day. I attribute all of this to the care that she is receiving at the orphanage and remain impressed with the staff there......they must be doing something right or maybe the baby was just holding back on the first trip until she decided what type of people we are. She has very quickly proven to be a daredevil (loves to fly around the room in my arms like a superhero), a marathon runner (always wants help in walking around), a boxer (I was hit in the lip several times today with toys) and finally, a wrestler (she pulled Shannon's hair several times, stuck her finger in my eye, and stretched my cheeks as if I needed them stretched). I guess she wanted my cheeks to be puffy like hers. She also has fun deciding how I can be holding her and also appear in the mirror at the same time. I can't tell you how good it make us feel to see her thriving as she is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations!!! We are celebrating with you!!! We can't wait to meet your baby girl! She definitely sounds like our kind of girl...a happy daredevil. Ella will love playing with her! Thanks for sharing these special moments and stories with us. We are so, so happy for you. With much love and prayers, Amber, Scott and Ella
Hello Shannon and Charles,
Congratulations!!! I have heard a lot about your difficult and exciting journey from your mom. I am VERY happy for you!!! I read your post from yesterday and had happy tears in my eyes. Being called "mama" by your child is priceless!!!!
Good Luck!!!
-Olga
Post a Comment