Another special one...

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Billy Banks Bootcamp is kicking Mama's Bootie!

No major news today...so we'll share some funny ha ha's taken place these past few days. First...now I admit I'm a bit OCD about excercise. Not afraid to admit it..but I love a good workout. Well..being limited about working out these coming weeks has increased my anxiety. A friend from work passed along some Billy Bootcamp DVD's to use while away. It's a combo kickboxing, weight resistance with straps. Ummmm...it's breaking me down. First day didn't count since I was just going along ""kind of sort of"". Yesterday after court I needed some stress relief so I did it in the afternoon before leaving for our 2nd visit to the orphanage. I was so in pain I was making yelping noises so badly that Charles ran in to check on me. Walking like an 85 year old, and I could barely carry my precious one...my arms were so sore. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Second...our little precious dainty angel can shovel down some cookies, now. Good gracious!!!! The nannies at the orphanage have been so good this week about letting us feed her to help increase attachment. Today she had a type of teething cookie, and I seriously thought I was going to have to rescue her hand...whoah!!!! Cookie all over her face, and when her hand would come away from her mouth...she would stick her tongue out trying to lick the cookie from a far. How much have groceries gone up?

She is now saying "Da Da"". Yay!!!! Not getting many mama's out of her, but her da da's are coming rapidly. Boy, does she loves her daddy.It did take us by surprise when we held a little plastic duck and she referred to that as Da Da , too. Oh, well. She's talking, and it's all music to our ears.

We're winding down for the night, but continue to send our love to everyone! We miss you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Papa Jim will be sharing lots of cookies with Baby Frances. It'll be so much fun when she, Caleigh, Camden, Lauren and Kelsey can bake cookies together.
Sweets to the sweetest!!
Memommie and Papa Jim

Anonymous said...

We honestly believe that mama and dada are two of the most beautiful words in our language - especially when they come from such a sweet little girl! We cannot wait to meet the little one. When we showed Maeve the pics, she said "Aw, what a beautiful graybaby! We must play with her!" I think they will get along just fine...

Prayers for you all,
The O'Briens

Chowsito said...

When we were adopting Sophia from china, dada was her first word. We were told no matter which language you speak, dada is universally the first repetitive sounds we make! So, its music to your ears! Baby Gray is progressing in the speech department!