I can't believe it...we leave tomorrow. We leave this precious baby girl, and all we can do is continue to pray that our invite back for court will come quickly. Today was quite bittersweet. Officially, we were only allowed two days for visits to the orphanage, two times each of those days. I think because of the pathedic look on our faces at the end of our two days alotted, they gave us a "freebie" visit yesterday. It was so quick, but at least we held her in our arms once during the day. We asked, and begged, for Eugene to let us see her today (friday). We paid him a days wages (trust me, with Moscow traffic...it takes a complete day to make this little drive across town), and he stepped up and took us. She had quite the traumatic morning with her schedule, so we only saw her for 15 min. the first time today. She went straight ino my arms and settled in contently. No cries, no fear...just recognition that this lady must be someone I need to get to know. She fell asleep in my arms, and before I knew it her nanny came to get her. Tears just started to flow, knowing that there was only one more time to be with her before such a long absence. We went and sat for while with Eugene in a coffee shop. I tend to feel like the third wheel, as he and Charles get caught up in conversations like teenage girls on their cell phones. It was really nice to get to know Eugene on a more personal basis. He has been working with international adoptions for 12 years, and has a very interesting history. He's our age, and such a hardworker. We had our 2nd visit, and each moment seemed to disappear into a distant memory. She was not feeling well, so our time was very quiet and tender. We saw her nanny come in, and fought to hide the tears. We had a blanket, teddy, and a few pictures of us we wanted to leave with her. I passed them onto to her nanny, and then Baby Girl. It took a while to get ourselves together after she left, but we then headed downstais to leave. We know that her caregivers love her and take such good care of her. We have often been told that she is one of the "favorites". It still aches inside knowing that there is more time to experience without her, until we can hold her forever. This experience has already changed our lives in such profound and amazing ways. There is also this thing called "the love of a parent", which Charles and I are still in awe as to the depth this can run.
We did get to spend her 1st birthday with her this week. What a blessing! We are already making memories. Our prayers continue as we await getting her home.
Another special one...
Friday, March 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Bless your sweet hearts! I'm crying for you; it is not an easy thing to leave our children but what we already begin to set our sights and hearts on is the reunion that we pray will take place for you very quickly. Love you, Aunt Trish and Uncle John
It is so hard to be apart from a child you love this much. How exciting and special that you got to spend her birthday together ... it just makes sense. I can't wait to hear more and see photos. Travel safely.
This just tugs at our heartstrings. We continue to be with you both every step of the way. Godspeed, as you head back to us.
We love you "three" more than you will ever, ever know.
Mom and Dad Ryan
SHANNON AND CHARLES!!!! We are so happy for you guys....I have been keeping up the blog all week waiting for the next update! I am so happy for you and while I am absolutely sobbing right now, they are tears of joy and happiness for you! I cannot wait to meet your miracle!!! Much love to you all!! Brent, Alicia, and the kids!
We can't wait to hear more about your trip and the special baby girl. We are just so happy for you. You've started down this life changing path and we couldn't be more thrilled! Love you!
Temre and Dan
Oh, I shouldn't have read this at work...now my mascara is running and smudged. Thinking about you both and praying for your safe return and a light hearts. I can't wait to hear more when you get home!!
Shannon and Charles - What an exciting time!!! I'm so happy for you. My prayers are with you and your new baby girl. Safe travels and can't wait to meet your new little one at church.
OH SHANNON I GOT CHILLS. HOW WONDERFUL. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH AND CANT WAIT TO SPEAK TO YOU ABOUT YOUR TRIP. I HOPE YOUR LITTLE GIRL COMES HOME SOON.
BEST OF WISHES
APRIL & DAN FLORIDA
Post a Comment