Another special one...

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The case of the flooding washer and not so good but downright expensive pizza!

We're here!! Yes, we flew across that little ole' pond and over some land to a place called Moscow Russia. Quite the ride!! Long flight...with a man on the other side of the plane that snored like there was no tomorrow! Little to no sleep, but we made it. We then met our driver..who has quickly become our new best friend. He is fabulous!!! It has been culture shock, to say the least, but he has not lef tour side during the day, and has guided through so much. By 2, we got settled into the apt. Not much to look at, but it will be fine to call it home for a week. Because I am such a germaphob, I have been spraying down every thing possible with Lysol. I thought I was being so proative by taking all of the towels and putting them into the wash. Charles and I couldn't figure out a lick of directions for this machine, so we took our chances and just guessed. After the clothes washing for literally two and a half hours...we saw that the kitchen floor (where the wash is located) had flooded. Oops!! There isn't a dryer..just a drying rack so we hung all of the towels. Once we solved the problem, we can honestly say we have the cleanest towels in the world.

We forged thru our exhaustion, and went to find something to eat. It is our goal now to have pizza in as many places in the world as possible. So...we found a place close by that looked like a great place to eat. We tried to plan ahead as to the cost, but were shocked at the outcome. The pizza was not the greatest..at all. It made our thin crust pizza back home look like thick crust. We survived, though.

Today was eventful. We went to the Ministry of Education first to receive our referral. It's a Baby Girl!!! She's 12 mo old, and absolutley beautiful. Oh, she captured our hearts from the moment we met her. We were able to see her twice today..before and after nap time. Things went much better after her nap, to say the least. Oh, I can't begn to explain how gogeous she is! We played with her, read her books, and even introduced Peek a Boo to her..with me running all around "hiding" She adores Charles!!!I can tell already she feels safe in those arms. She watches everything I do, but will then turn to him to check that he's still the one holding her. I also think she's checking for reassurance from him that I am not the crazy lady I have been acting. It broke our hearts to leave her, but will go back tomorrow for two more play times. We can't wait. Everything is still very preliminary. We are getting feedback from dr.'s here in the states to confirm some medical aspects before we give the approval. She already has our hearts. We will update tomorrow with more news. Wishing everyone well!!

4 comments:

Jen & Charles said...

Yay! We are so excited for you...and Maeve is hoping the little one can come home soon and play dress-up - much love to all 3 of you!

Anonymous said...

There's something about "frog princesses" that rings true!
Our love and blessings to you all this week.
Prayers, lots of prayers.
Mom and Dad

valerie said...

I am so happy for you and your families!!! Your experienc are a reminder to have faith in Miracles and never stop believing Carl Jung's theory of Synchronicity:
We are Where we are suppose to be when we are there...
We meet the People we are suppose to meet when we meet them...
Things Happen when they are suppose to happen...
Your miracle is unfolding now! God bless you all...
Much love,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you 3! God is soooo good. We love you, Aunt Trish and Uncle John