We are mid week already...and I can feel the sadness grow within us as we realize we only have a couple days left with this sweet baby girl. Today was so wonderful. We spent a whole two hours with her this morning. We played and read books. All of a sudden, her eyes began to flutter, and in seconds she was out like a light in Charles' arms. We think that is good sign...as it shows she was so relaxed in his arms, that she was comfortable enough to sleep. She slept for about 20 minutes...and then it was back to play time. She loves the stacking cups. She holds one in each hand, and will not let them go. Oh, she is so much fun!!! She really gets a kick out of peek a boo. She doesn't yet grasp the game..but boy does it make her giggle. We got her first laugh out of her today. Too precious to desribe. We had a quick trip around town this afternoon with Eugene, our driver. We ran up to St. Basil..and then literally right back to the car. Freezing cold weather. It hurt to smile, as my teeth became icecicles. We headed back to the orphanage for another quick visit with her, but had to wait for a bit. It was so nice to sit still, we could of fallen asleep. She came to see us in a little dress with a bow clip in her hair. Oh...it pulled at my heart. This girl will have quite the collection of ribbons and bows, if I have anything to say about it. Charles already warned her! I guess this may be payback after all of the times I ripped and pulled bows out of my hair..right before my school pictures. We are back home now, and quickly fading. I am thinking an early bedtime tonight. It was Eugene's birthday today..which he never mentioned! We found out thru someone else who was working with the three of us late this eve. Poor thing was missing out on his birthday celebration..just so we can have peace of mind each day. Fabulous person!!!
We wanted to send out a very big thank you to our parents for all they have done to support us. We are so blessed to have such amazing parents, and as we get closer to getting this baby girl home...I know there will be a daily committment made for Charles and I to set the same examples and to serve as a loving guiding force for Baby Girl Gray as our parents did for us. The yard sale was fabulous, and so many thanks to all of our familyand friends who helped donate items for the sale. You all have been so loving and giving to us! Thank you!!
Another special one...
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Happy Birthday, Eugene!!!
Ribbons and bows...frills...love it!!!!
So glad you're getting to see some of the sights. We love you.
Mom and Dad Ryan
Shannon and Charles,
Thanks for keeping us updated! I am so thrilled for you all!!! Please have safe travels!
Know that we are thinking of you all and sending you much love!
Liz, Mike, Noah and Sophia
Shannon and Charles:
I can't begin to describe how much happiness I feel for you and Baby Girl Gray. I literally started to cry when I read the blog yesterday. Dan and I are so happy for you!
All three of you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Temre
I can't wipe this silly grin off of my face!!!! I am certain you can feel my excitement for you all, all the way to Moscow!!!!! YIPPPPPPEEEEE!!!! IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!
Along with all those hairbows we must have color-coordinated shoes! How precious your little one is finding security in her daddy's arms. What a sweet picture of how God holds us in His arms and we find rest. Stay warm and safe. We love you! Aunt Trish and Uncle John
Congratulations!! I am so overwhelmingly thrilled for you guys. I cannot wait to hear more about, and meet, your daughter.
I am typing through my tears of joy. Congratulations, Shannon & Charles for persevering through all of these trials. Your daughter will be eternally grateful to you. I can't wait to get her together with Marla for a playdate! Way to go, you two!
Love - Britt
Grayboy and Graygirl:
I guess we'll have to add the name "Graybaby" to the list!
Travel safely and we are praying for you all -
Jen, Charles & Maeve
I have been crying tears of joy all week! The picture of the three of you says it all with such big smiles! We are praying for your safe return to prepare for Baby Girl Grays arrival!
Much Love,
Terry and Allan
Post a Comment