Another special one...
Friday, November 2, 2007
The Latest
It's Friday night, and I am finally able to sit down for a moment. Charles has gone to help out with a function at church, so it's just me and the critters about to curl up and call it a day. I called our case manager with our adoption agency this week, and was able to get a bit of an update. It wasn't the uplifting conversation I hoped for, but she is so wonderful about being open and supportive. Sometimes things "are what they are", and there's no way around it. This is very true with the adoption process. Basically, we've logged in about 5 months of waiting. There are still accreditation issues the Russian government is sorting through, and until then things are moving very slow. The ages of the children are also creeping up a bit. Our fingers are crossed that our baby is under one and half...it saddens me to know we would of missed even that much of our child's life, I couldn't bare if they were any older for that fact. There's no way to tell a time frame as to when we may receive our referral, so we've even stopped guesstimating things could be in motion by"late spring", and have resigned ourselves to keeping time lines out of discussions. It was about this time last year that we made this leap of faith, and began getting information about international adoption. A year has passed, and we're facing another holiday season without our child. I've always been a big believer that the holidays are for children. Their laughter. The anticipation. The excitement. When experienced through their eyes, it brings about the most amazing purpose to the holidays. Charles and I turn to each other to prepare for another time that can become so empty. We are each other's rock. We continue to hold onto the faith we have in God's timing, and trust that all will be as it should. Our miracle, our blessing, our angel, will be with us when it is meant to be. I don't dare rush God's timing with something so perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment