Well, I'm finally home from teaching yoga, and getting ready to settle down in a minute to watch "Grey's Anatomy". Charles just walked in the door after another whirl wind tour to Maryland and back. Another day in the life of the "Gray Team"!!
We had a consult meeting with an area pediatrician this week. Charles thinks it's quite funny how disappointed I get when I realize that not all practices or hospitals have the goings on as my fav. "Grey's Anatomy". There wasn't a Dr. McDreamy in sight! As we waited...and waited...and waited..and waited to meet this particular Dr., Charles and I sat in one of the rooms. As we watched the clock, we began to hear this screaming coming from the next room..accompanied by,"Don't let them touch me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" After minutes of this continuing with loud "booms" occurring randomly, Charles and I looked at each other with eyes wide. We both gave a nervous laugh, and then he said, "Are we really going to want to bring our child here, now?" Uh, no!!!! Needless to say, we've decided to go else where for the medical needs of our child. One where there's a lot less screaming bloody murder...or where they at least have sound proof rooms!
I have decided to make a list of things we're going to do while waiting. Many of you may have known...one of these things was to run the Army 10 miler in DC this past weekend. Well..it didn't work out so well. My knees started aching pretty bad 4 days before the race, so I decided being able to walk and enjoy myself at at 70 was more important. I was disappointed after all the hard work getting ready, but my yoga practice has certainly helped me let go of all these expectations and demands I place on myself. Besides the enormous amount of reading we have ahead, I'm trying to:
1. Grow my hair out until the adoption is over, and then donate it to Locks of Love. I'm already writing a letter of apology for whoever will get this head of hair, for all the gray it has acquired in just 33 years.
2. Learn Russian...at least "Please" and "Thank you".
3. Take as many kickboxing or hip hop dance classes I possibly can. Gotta get this anxiety out somehow...
4. Then take as many yoga classes to bring me down..nice and peaceful!!
5. Spoil Fiona, Shelby, and Leo as much as possible. This has actually been going on since the beginning of time, but it makes them feel good to be included.
6. Charles and I want to enjoy as much time together, as possible.Whether it's just to take 5 min. when we get home to catch up, or even a quick get away...we both know how special this waiting time can be
Anyone have any other ideas???Let us know!!
Going to get settled in for my show!! Love to all!!
Another special one...
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hmmmm... I know you're working hard on the nursery (looks great in the picture!), but this waiting period would be good for any other home/garden projects. Getting more than an hour to yourself will be harder and harder once the baby is here!
Post a Comment