The other day I was working with one of my kindergartner's. This little guy has quickly become "my favorite", even though I claim I don't have one. He had been working so hard in his classroom and then began to rub his head.He then looked up to me and said, "My brain hurts!" I thought to myself, oh honie...mine hurts, too! There are so many things in life I have yet to wrap my little brain around; all of the ins and outs and the unknown with bringing our baby home I continuously worry about and that keep me up at night. My brain really does hurt! In the same light, having our baby finally home seems so unreal at this point. I still can't believe it's going to happen.
Charles and I went to the Feast of St. James's last week and had an absolutely fabulous time. Quite a few times throughout the night, friends mentioned that this time next year we will be searching the babysitter market in order to get to come.What??? Who were they talking to? On one hand, a year seems like eternity right now. On the other...becoming parents has been what we've been waiting for and I am in disbelief things will hopefully change in such a short period of time. I think back to when I was a child and the games I used to play. Even with both parents as teachers, I never did enjoy "playing school". We had enough of that in my household, already. Instead, I played Mom. My dolls went everywhere I went. I made them take naps, fed them from their bottles, and sang to them as if it would truly put them to sleep. It's truly all I've ever wanted to be. Even in my sorority while in college...I was the "Pledge Mom"..looking out after those fresh faces to make sure they were taken care of. Today, I drive an SUV big enough to take over a city block. My friends have kindly referred to me as the one with the soccer mom car. Well...the only thing I'm carting around now would be Shelby ( my older cat) to the shrink for some more anti anxiety medicine, Fiona to the orthodontist to get her over bite fixed, and Leo (my boy kitty) to over eaters anonymous!!One can never predict what the future holds... I just know both Charles and I are so ready to face head on!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!
Another special one...
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi! You're so great at this! And by the way, my dad's birthday is today too! And of course my parent's anniversary so my dad would never forget it, right?!? Miss you so much!
Hi Shannon! I love reading your blog. It is such a great way of keeping in touch, which I am sure you have figured out that I am not very good at that. Wes and I will be praying as you wait, and I look forward to reading more and seeing pictures of your new baby one day! Love to you,
Alison
And all along I'm sending e-mails to Shelby Grace with instructions on how she can be Mommie and Daddy's little helper...Try to rock a little easier, Shelbs. Memommie and Papa Jim will always love you and the gang, too. We continue to wait and pray. God has His plan.
Post a Comment