I can recall a Wine, Women, and Wonder Bible study ( notice the wine comes first) around this time last year. We were talking about the advent season, the anticipation, the waiting...We closed our eyes and listened to Dana (our Assoc. rector) recite some beautiful readings. Dana eventually asked my thoughts about being a Mom in Waiting and connecting it to the readings. This time last year, my thoughts were that even though I was not with my baby, that our baby was so far away, unable to see them, unable to connect to them; I knew that God was tending to her in preparation of when we could finally be together. I had to rest my fear and doubts, and take time to send thoughts of love to this baby I had yet to meet. Well, one year later...that baby is right here with me...celebrating this magnificent season together. I know exactly what anxiously awaiting means...with the doubts and anger that can sometimes accompany the wait. But now, I look at our little girl and am amazed! Miracles do happen!
Charles and I are so beside our self to celebrate our first Christmas with Frances. Our baby is finally with us..that's all that we ever wanted!
Another special one...
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment